How does a mechanic diagnose P0415?
Date: 2021-07-11 Clicks: 180
- Checking any DTCs set and capturing freeze frame data, including the order in which the codes occurred
- Erase all codes and test driving the vehicle to see if they return (if they don't, this could indicate an intermittent condition, which is more difficult to diagnose)
- Visually inspect all system wiring and connectors for damage or short circuits
- Inspecting secondary air injection system fittings and tubing for cracks, breaks or heat damage
- Testing the system fuses, replacing them and running the secondary air injection system to see if the fuses are tripping again (indicating pump failure)
- Inspecting the one way check valve to see if it is allowing condensate to enter the pump
- Diagnosing this fault will require a scanner and a digital volt/ohm meter. A qualified technician has all the tools necessary to fully investigate the problem and have it repaired quickly and efficiently.